Saturday 24 May 2014

Is This Paradise or What?

I am looking for a perfect country to live in; a country like the Garden of Eden was believed to have been like. A place where shame is not known; where I can give anything any name I want and only have one command to obey, and that command is "Thou shalt obey this one command and the moment you don't obey this one command I will give you so many commands to obey that your head will spin and you will discover that your are bloody-well naked and then shame will  overwhelm you so terribly that you would want to hide from voices".
I want to live on an island like that.
 But I can't find any.
 I thought about The United States of America, but then I remember Creighton Pension's bellow that "There is no Eldorado out there!" so I changed my mind.
 Just yesterday I was driving west across the F.T Williams  Highway and felt for a moment that I had landed in paradise: there was no war, I saw no one on the highway with tears in eyes begging me to let them spray some soapy water on my car windshield so that they may eat something that day; and will have to do the same thing again tomorrow.
 But no. I had not hit upon the perfect island at all, because I remembered we thought we had come upon the perfect solution to our economic woes with the innovative introduction of the Citizenship by Investment Program, and when we looked up, Uncle Sam had a giant stick above our heads telling us that our passport to paradise was a tree in the midst of our garden that we must not pick anything off of.
Gosh man! We were that close to perfection.
 I am still looking for the perfect island. I understand there may be some people who can help me find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment